GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This section sets out the terms that apply to your use of the Jeans for Genes® website, the Jeans for Genes® mobile website, The FIT into your Jeans™ website and the FIT into your Jeans™ application – (collectively referred to as “Sites”). Jeans for Genes® and FIT in your Jeans for Genes™ are trademarks of the Children’s Medical Research Institute. Your continued use of our Sites indicates to Children’s Medical Research Institute that you agree with these General Terms, as updated from time to time. We may change these General Terms from time to time, so please check back regularly.
Content created by Children’s Medical Research Institute (CMRI) – CMRI owns or licenses from third parties all of the trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property that exists on or within the Sites. You must not copy or reproduce in any form any of the graphics, logos, text or other material from our Sites unless you have our written permission. You do have our permission to download material from the Resources section of our website or any item specifically indicated as Downloadable on our website pages.
Content posted by you - Any content that you post to our Sites (e.g. photos, videos or comments) is your responsibility, and you must make sure that you have the necessary rights to post that content (e.g. by obtaining permission of copyright owners if necessary or by obtaining permission to use personal information of third parties). By posting any content, you also give CMRI a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free right to use and reproduce that content.
Third party copyright infringement – CMRI follows the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other relevant copyright legislation as applicable. If you believe that someone else is using your copyright or trademark without your permission, please contact us at email@example.com
to report the infringement.
Respect the Sites Community – Please stay respectful by adhering to the following rules:
a. You must not collect users content using automated means;
b. You must not interfere with our website, upload viruses or other malicious code;
c. You must not bully, intimidate or harass anyone;
d. You must not post any content that infringes or violates someone else’s rights, or otherwise violates the law, or that is discriminatory, hateful, pornographic, threatening or violent.
When you register online for Jeans for Genes you will be provided with an online fundraising page. This can be used for peer to peer fundraising. Your online fundraising page will be viewable on the Leaderboard. Please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 1300 436 437 if you would like this to be removed from the visible Leaderboard. You can access your Dashboard and make changes to your online fundraising page by logging in on https://www.jeansforgenes.org.au/login
Refunds – CMRI can refund your donation if you have made it in error. Simply notify us by email email@example.com
or phone 1300 436 437. We may request some form of personal verification in order to do this.
CMRI may remove any content posted by you at any time, or may prevent access by you to our Sites, at its entire discretion. Any failure by CMRI to enforce our rights under these General Terms is not a waiver óf any right and we will remain entitled to enforce our rights in whole or in part.
Payment gateway services provided by: PayPal
JEANS FOR GENES MERCHANDISE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All Jeans for Genes merchandise ("Products") supplied by Children’s Medical Research Institute are supplied on the following terms and conditions.
Products are provided to the customers on consignment. 2016 merchandise orders to be delivered to any metropolitan area may be placed online on the Jeans for Genes website registration page by 27th July 2016, to enable it to be received before Jeans for Genes Day on August 5th, 2016.
Product orders will be dispatched by courier to an Australian street address only. Anticipated delivery for orders is between two to three (2-3) business days in metro areas and five (5) days to rural areas or territories.
A Customer must bank all monies collected from donations and/or merchandise sold and return any unsold merchandise within 30 days of the campaign conclusion. i.e. by 5th September, 2016.
Customers assume responsibility for the Product whilst in their possession and CMRI accepts no responsibility or liability for their mis-use or safe storage. The Customer agrees to adhere to any age guidelines or safety instructions printed on the Products.
The Customer will ensure that the Products are stored and displayed in a safe place and will keep Products in saleable condition at all times.
CMRI is responsible for reporting and making payment of goods and services tax (GST) for all Products sold throughout the Jeans for Genes campaign period.
Jeans for Genes is a fundraising activity for Children’s Medical Research Institute ABN 47 002 684 737
Customers can order up to four Merchandise Boxes and/or four money collection boxes online. If more are required, please contact Jeans for Genes by email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 1300 GENIES.
Many of the donations we receive through Jeans for Genes are in the form of group donations on behalf of friends, family, work colleagues, or some other group. In the event that you bank funds on behalf of others, we will issue a non-tax-deductible receipt to the person or organisation banking the money, which will recognise the total amount banked. It is your responsibility that this is treated appropriately for income tax deduction purposes. If you wish for individual donors to receive individual tax-deductible receipts, please contact CMRI and provide individual donor contact details and the amount donated by each so we can reconcile with your group donation and provide appropriate receipts.
If you are under 16 years of age, you must have permission from a parent or guardian to order a fundraising kit for Jeans for Genes.
Premium SMS $5 Donation Campaign
Telco Service Availability and Donation Information
i. This text donation service is available on eligible plans, with the exception of Optus prepaid.
ii. ii. Every time you text 1997 6484, a $5 donation will be made and will appear on your mobile phone bill or usage history.
iii. iii. Please keep the phone bill and text message as copy of your receipt. Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
iv. iv. Optus, Vodafone & Telstra pass on 100% of the donation.
Personal Information Security, Use, Disclosure and Opt Out
Raise over $250 online and go in the draw to win two tickets to Japan
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
3. Subject to the clauses below, entry is open to all residents of Australia who have fulfilled the requirements set out below ('Eligible Entrants'). Entrants must be over the age of 18, as of the date of entry.
4. Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, Permitz Group Pty Ltd (www.permitzgroup.com.au), Star Alliance member airlines, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
5. The Promoter is Children's Medical Research Institute (CMRI) (ABN 47 002 684 737) (the 'Promoter'). The Promoter's address is 214 Hawkesbury Road, Westmead, NSW 2145.
How to enter
6. To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below):
6.1. register for Jeans for Genes online before 1st August 2016 to get an online fundraising page and;
6.2. using the online fundraising page to raise over $250.
7. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter.
8. Entries must include all requested contact details, including a valid email address, to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
Number of Entries permitted
9. Only one entry per person will be permitted. Entrants found to be submitting multiple entries may have all entries invalidated.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
10. The competition commences on 27/06/2016 at 12:00 AM and closes 30/09/2016 at 11:59 PM ('Promotional Period'). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter. If any draw date falls on a public holiday, as defined in the state of the Promoter, that draw will be conducted on the next business day. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
11. The winner will be the first valid entry drawn at Promoter's Premises at 214 Hawkesbury Road, Westmead, NSW 2145 on 7/10/2016 at 11:00 AM. The Promoter will ensure that all entries have an equal chance of winning a prize.
12. The winner will be notified by email and phone within two business days of the draw. Their name will also be published on 14/10/2016 at www.jeansforgenes.org.au for 28 days.
13. The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 9/01/2017 (at 11:00 at Promoter's Premises at 214 Hawkesbury Road, Westmead, NSW 2145) as the original draw in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will be notified by email and phone within two business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on 13/01/2017 at www.jeansforgenes.org.au for 28 days
Prize on offer
14. The total prize pool is valued at up to $3,500 (Including GST), as at 4/07/2016.
15. The total number of competition winners in this competition is one. The prize on offer is:
|Number of winners
|| Prize description
|| Total value
| 1 Winner
|| Two return flights to Japan (from the Winner’s nearest Australian international airport served by Star Alliance member airlines) RRP $3,500 for both return tickets (Tickets include airport taxes and airport charges).
16. Travel must be completed by 30 June 2017.
17. Prize will be issued once travel dates have been confirmed and the flights have been arranged by the promoter.
18. Prize must be redeem in 12 months from the issue date.
19. Prize can only be redeemed within the Star Alliance network.
20. Travel must be on Star Alliance member airlines only.
21. Tickets are non- transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash
22. The Winner of this prize is responsible for all travel costs to and from the point of departure, accommodation, travel insurance, freight, excess baggage, meals, insurance surcharges, ground transportation, any charges incurred for itinerary changes and any other expenses
23. The Winner must ensure that all proper travel documents, including passport and visas have been obtained in advance of travel; and that their companion is fit enough to travel
24. The Winner indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter from and against any and all damages, losses, costs, injuries and claims arising out of or in connection with the participation by the Winner in this Competition and acceptance and use of the Major Competition Prize in breach of these Terms or in breach of applicable law
25. Payment for any additional cabin class surcharges must be made prior to tickets being issued and are payable by cash or credit card only.
26. In the event a winner does not take/use the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
27. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and their travel companions. All prize travel will be subject to the carrier's General Conditions of Carriage. The Promoter and carrier make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including local government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade at www.smartraveller.gov.au. Prizes for travel for a particular event or attraction must be taken to coincide with the event or the times and dates during which the attraction is available. Travel insurance is not included in the prize but is highly recommended.
Further Terms and Conditions
28. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
29. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
30. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier's requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
31. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner's deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
34. The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner's nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection statement
35. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter.
. You may request access or to update your personal information or lodge a complaint by writing to The Privacy Officer, Children's Medical Research Institute (CMRI) (ABN 47 002 684 737) of 214 Hawkesbury Road, Westmead, NSW 2145.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
37. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
38. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
39. Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
40. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use "scripting" is not permitted and will not be accepted.
41. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
42. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ('Non-Excludable Guarantees').
43. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize The Promoter (including its' officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
44. Authorised Under: NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/05059. ACT Permit No. TP 16/01265.